Re: [xougen] Immediate hacking

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: Re: [xougen] Immediate hacking
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:00:54 -0800

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 12:58:24PM -0600, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
On 12/06 06:29 , Herbert Snorrason wrote:
changing the default appearance (put something nice instead of that daft cross-hatch),

I've actually come to appreciate the cross-hatch pattern lately, in the
course of testing out monitors. it's very good at showing convergence
errors, moire patterns, and 'static'.

it is irritating in some ways; but it's a very good basic test pattern.

Redhat has patched their server to start up with a solid black
background.  Personally I'd like to see some sort of extension to the X
server where you can pass it an image (svg, png) for immediate display
as soon as the preferred video mode is reached.  Any takers?

Jonathan

--
                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-951-4142                      It's not true unless
Email:   address@hidden                it makes you laugh,
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org           but you don't understand it
Address: 13685 Hilton Road, Surrey, BC       until it makes you weep.