Re: [xougen] Buildsystem

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [xougen] Buildsystem
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:06:13 -0500

On 04/23 07:38 , Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> If you like, we could talk about the design of this software
> modeling and try to figure out, what features we would require
> to get X running with it.

the best thing to do at this point is hack out some code, get something that
vaguely works, and then show it to people. you'll get flamed for your
decisions of course; but less that if you tried to decide everything else by
committee; and it'll take 1/10th the time if you just dictate the design
yourself.

most of your code will be thrown out in short order; but this is perfectly
normal. if it lasts long enough to be thrown out, that's a good sign. you'll
have shown us all a better way, even if the eventual details are different. :)

the short version of this all is 'actions speak louder than words'.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises