Re: ./configure problems

From: Eric Sunshine
Subject: Re: ./configure problems
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 04:22:57 -0400

On Tue, 11 May 2004 08:26:44 +0200, Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:
> Eric> I am unable to reproduce the second claim where you say
> Eric> that "$as_shell ./script" invokes the shell in such a way
> Eric> that it does not read your .tcshrc.
> I'm not claiming the shell does not read .tcshrc, I'm saying it
> is not interactive.  You can check whether $prompt is defined to
> tell the difference, for instance.  The few .tcshrc I've seen so
> far do that sort of check to disable settings (such as aliases)
> that must not be active in scripts.
> # Settings common to interactive and non-interactive shells
> if ($?prompt == 0) exit
> # Settings for interactive shells
> (zsh --version) >&/dev/null && exec zsh
> (/bin/zsh --version) >&/dev/null && exec /bin/zsh
> (/usr/bin/zsh --version) >&/dev/null && exec /usr/bin/zsh

Thanks for the clarification. Based upon the description in your original
post (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-autoconf/2004-04/msg00072.html), I
was under the impression that you had merely inserted an unconditional 'exec
zsh' at the bottom of your .tcshrc; so, of course, when I did my own testing
(using that assumption), zsh was _always_ run, no matter how tcsh was
invoked. With this new information, I should be able to proceed with my
modifications to _AS_RUN.

-- ES