Re: XML idea

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: XML idea
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 20:56:07 -0500

On 2004-01-07 02:40:27 +0100 Alexander Malmberg <alexander@malmberg.org> wrote:
Helge Hess wrote:
Hm, so gstep-base doesn't have the goal to be as compatible with MacOSX
Cocoa as possible?

Not as an at-all-costs, bug-for-bug compatible goal. It's kindof a
partial 'goal', subject to other 'goals'. _I_ would say "We should take
the Good Stuff from Cocoa, and leave the rest."; YMMV.

Hm, too bad, makes it uninteresting for a large group of people :-|

Well, they are free to send patches that implement all this stuff. The
patches may or may not be accepted; if not, they can work on something
like PortabilityKit, or even fork.

So if somebody used a Cocoa facility that you didn't like and wanted to port to GNUstep, they should just go stuff it?