Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Archives use cases

From: Clark McGrew
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Archives use cases
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:21:02 -0400

I don't know... something about this conversation is tickling my funny
bone.  Before it becomes completely circular, I'll try posing the
question in a different way.

Does anybody have experience dealing with archives with large numbers of
categories?[1]  How have you organized the project?  What are your
experiences keeping rein on category naming issues?  In my experience,
most large projects can be broken into interrelated sub-projects.  Do
you keep all of the sub-projects in the same archive or split into
multiple archives?  What are the pro's and con's of the two approaches?
Have you used tla in the context of several independent, but
cooperating, sub-groups?  Base on experience, what has worked?  What has
not worked?

How is tla being used in the context of a large project?

Best,
Clark

[1] For the purpose of discussion, my metric for large is "more than a
100".

--
Clark McGrew                    Univ. at Stony Brook, Physics and Astronomy
<address@hidden>        631-632-8299