[Gnu-arch-users] Emgergency release of tla-1.2.1pre1

From: James Blackwell
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Emgergency release of tla-1.2.1pre1
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:41:53 -0400

The version of libneon that is packaged with tla 1.2.0 contains a format
string vulnerability. For more information, visit the disclosure at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openpkg-announce&m=108213423102539&w=2 or
visit the libneon page at http://www.webdav.org/neon/. Tla users can be
affected if they download archives from untrusted sources.

As such, I have put together tla-1.2.1pre1. This version of tla has
libneon .25.5 included. I have tested downloading with HTTP and WebDAV,
and they seem to work fine. Uploading with WebDAV has not been tested.

tla-1.2.1pre1 is available at
http://release.gnuarch.org/tla-1.2.1pre1.tar.gz. The detached signature
can be found at http://release.gnuarch.org/tla-1.2.1pre1.tar.gz.asc.

I recommend that all people that download arch archives from untrusted
locations upgrade to tla-1.2.1pre1 immediately.

For those that are used to building tla straight from the archive the
following steps may work for you:

$ tla register-archive http://sourcecontrol.net/~jblack/{archives}/2004
$ tla get address@hidden/dists--jblack--1.1 tla-1.2.1pre1
$ cd tla-1.2.1pre1
$ tla buildcfg -r configs/devo.tla-1.2.1pre1
$ cd src
$ mkdir =build
$ cd =build
$ ../configure
$ make
$ su
[enter password]
# cp tla/tla/tla /usr/local/bin

Regards,

James Blackwell

--
James Blackwell          Please do not send me carbon copies of mailing
Smile more!              list posts. Such mail is unsolicited. Thank you!