[gnugo-devel] owl stack

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: [gnugo-devel] owl stack
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 03:01:13 -0400

before i go deeper into the matter i want to ask: what for do we
push the complete local_owl_data structure each time owl makes a
move? from a quick glance it seems to me that at least my_eye[],
half_eye[], lunch*[], inessential[] and safe_move_cache[] are
recomputed from scratch at each move (and they probably take over
90% of the structure).

do_push_owl() takes over 2.5% runtime per my latest profile.

i might be wrong here, so if anyone can tell if i am please do.
this can save me a lot of code digging :)

Paul