RE: [gnugo-devel] owl stack

From: Portela Fernando
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] owl stack
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 11:41:14 +0200

Paul wrote:

> before i go deeper into the matter i want to ask: what for do we
> push the complete local_owl_data structure each time owl makes a
> move? from a quick glance it seems to me that at least my_eye[],
> half_eye[], lunch*[], inessential[] and safe_move_cache[] are
> recomputed from scratch at each move (and they probably take over
> 90% of the structure).

Well, in the case of my_eye[] and half_eye[], it seems to me that they
are not always recomputed. In do_owl_defend() we have :

  /* First see whether we might already be alife. */
  if (escape < MAX_ESCAPE) {
    if (owl_estimate_life(owl, ...

which makes me wonder how accurate are owl_eyespace() constraints once
the escape variable has reached MAX_ESCAPE...

Or am I missing something again ?

/nando