Re: [gnugo-devel] New logo from Ebba Berggren

From: Måns Ullerstam
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] New logo from Ebba Berggren
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 07:03:34 +0100 (CET)

Based on the feedback from Marco and Daniel here is a new logo. The new
logo has the right proportions compared to a real goban. It is also the
version where the relationship between black and white is the nicest (even
though the penguin is on a black background). There is good balance in
this logo between the colors, compared to the other ones.

Also, the logo is vector based, which means there is no problem with
contrast. This file is a scaled down JPEG of the original, which might
lead to less contrast.

I suggest that we change the logo now, as long as there is no strong
protest against it. My girlfriend will be much happier standing behind
this logo than the old one, which is overcrowded. Also, since the gnugo
logo is more and more used around the world, on internet go servers, etc,
it's time to make the switch now. The new logo works much better in a
lower resolution than the old one.

Mans Ullerstam