[Gnumed-devel] gui and functionality - a few random thoughts

From: richard terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] gui and functionality - a few random thoughts
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 08:54:01 +1000

As I'm playing with the interface again it stuck me we almost need a
home/forward/back buttons in the top left of the bottom tool bar which remain
static across all windows.

 That way navigation can be like in a browser. If one does have to swap to say
the drug window when deep in the bowels of a clinical module it will take on
one click to jump back (or perhaps link as well to the escape key which would
take you back in a stepwise fashion).

Otherwise going from say the ante-natal chart to drugs and the back could take
3-4 clicks to resume what you were doing.

I can feel a little enthusiasm creeping back in again. I might even fire up
wxPython and get involved in a few lines of code!!!!!, though I'm meant to be
under the house cutting holes through a brick wall for the air conditioning
ducts I need to put in the new extension today.

Richard.