Re: [Gnumed-devel] widget connecting

From: Karsten . Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] widget connecting
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 18:45:27 +0200 (MEST)

>> 2) keeping progress notes in simple SOAP structured text input
>>    fields (clin_note/clin_history/clin_physical rows)
>> 3) per patient ASCII export of progress notes to text files for
>>    re-use constrained by date, encounter, episode, health issue

> Item 3 is a nice extension to item 2.
Item 3 is also not always necessary. I just want it to be there a) because
it's fairly trivial to implement, b) to make it clear right from the beginning
that GnuMed will export all of its data upon request and c) to make the
progress notes easily reusable with other, legacy, third-party applications, say
for letter writing or for dumping and printing every evening while we cannot
fully trust GnuMed to be solid yet.