Re: [Gnumed-devel] Comments on SOAP

From: Karsten . Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Comments on SOAP
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 22:11:25 +0200 (MEST)

Richard,

yes, please do the extensive writeup if you find the time. I do agree that
learning phrasewheels are one of the ways to go - it is just logical. That's
why I wrote the code for it (which still does need polishing and a work-up).
And if you look at the current code it already contains all the hooks for
auto-extending and optionally learning what the user types. Also, different
sources/sinks for the initial/learned data are possible: make that an SQL table
somewhere so all clients for that doctor benefit immediately, make that
hardcoded in the source, make that a local file (logon parameters come to mind)
-
doesn't matter that's handled transparently. The code does weighted ordering,
it does offer configurable thresholds, it does offer matching phrases instead
of just words with configurable word separators.

*However*, I was asking for what people think of the posted list for a
friggin' 0.1 release :-))   Since even you managed to get along without
extensively using phrase wheels in all aspects of MedRec we, too, will
certainly do a
useful 0.1 without them ...

But, yes, please absolutely do a writeup as excellent as the one on the Edit
Area. I am using that for reference quite often.