Re: I get unknown immediate error in guile 1.7

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: I get unknown immediate error in guile 1.7
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 06:17:47 +1000

Roland Orre <address@hidden> writes:

> The problem showed to be that guile loaded wrong libraries, which was
> caused by the the correct library files not having been created. Guile
> had been reading wrong libguilereadline.la all the time.

I think I might have struck that too, but with debian guile 1.4
getting in the way of cvs guile.

I had an idea I thought the guile library search path ought to include
its configured $prefix/lib ahead of /usr/lib, but I forget exactly.

Library versioning is probably supposed to protect against some of
this sort of thing.  Dunno what the status on that currently is
though.