openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] the loop problems

From: Jeff Muizelaar
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] the loop problems
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 19:30:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Ryan Underwood wrote:

> Actually, I was thinking this might have something to do with the codec
> issue, where the codec must be read back from a few times to ensure that
> the proper data is returned.  I was thinking that perhaps writing to it
> and then reading from it may end up happening out of order in the
> hardware.

x86 doesn't reorder memory access. see include/asm-i386/system.h from
the kernel tree. wmb will at most at as a compilation barrier, so for
correctness it might need to be there but I don't think that it will solve
any bugs.

> > Is there any chance to record the stereo swapping problem and send me
> > audio sample ? I'm unable to reproduce that bug, and at leat knowing how
> > it sounds like would help to try to guess whats really goind on.
>
> Yes, I will do that soon.
>
> > On the other hand, i'll try to update the technical data document, so
> > that those people having that problem, maybe can figure out whats wrong.
>
> Thanks!

Manuel can you cc: the list when you respond? Not doing so makes it harder
to follow the discussions.

-Jeff