openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] feature news

From: Jeff Muizelaar
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] feature news
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 19:30:50 -0400 (EDT)

> > > I'm a big fan of IDA; still having trouble getting readable VxD
> > > disassembly from it though. (specifically for the au30sbfm.vxd)
> >
> > Better take on the win2k driver. ItContains symbols ;)
>
> Unfortunately, no DOS sound emulator :(

The problems you are having are likely quite hard to avoid. VXD's don't
seperate code from data which of course makes quite a mess and makes
disassembly much more difficult. afaik ida does some code/data analysis
but I am not sure how good it is.

Even with source I don't imagine the dos sound emulator is a nice place to
play.

-Jeff