openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] kernel 2.6.0 compatible driver for au8830 :)

From: lucida
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] kernel 2.6.0 compatible driver for au8830 :)
Date: 23 Jul 2003 05:30:50 -0700

Hi all!
I've merged the cvs tree to the 2.6.0-test1 kernel and it works
prettilly. All I have done is to edit the Kbuild/Makefile to make AU8830
in the list , also add few lines on au88x0_pcm.c. The patch is here:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=904048&forum_id=25250

I only make it au8830 compatible since I don't have au8810/au8820 at
hand. :-)  They should work in the similar way.

However, I met exactly the same problem as
http://mail.nongnu.org/archive/html/openvortex-dev/2003-06/msg00099.html
First stream is very fast, and the following streams are ok.  Anyway to
get around this? Initial from chan#1 instead of #0?

Also, I ported the aureal.sf.net's binary driver into the new 2.6.0 and
it also works. I touched quite a bit on it, and the whole package can be
found here:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=905767&forum_id=25250
This one works flawlessly, without any problem so far, except the
gameport support, I can't make it work under the new kernel.

Regards.
lucida