openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] Hardware mixing bug

From: Torsten Stremlau
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Hardware mixing bug
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:54:27 +0200

I've already read about this bug, but I think I'll report it a little more
exact.

I  tried to open many concurrent XMMS instances using oss/alsa for Output. I
can open up to 7 concurrent XMMS instances without noticing any problems.
When I open the 8th intance howevere the sound of THAT instance is played way
too fast. The rest is still OK. When I open the 9th instance the sound of ALL
streams is completele distorted and on one channel I hear the sound of ONE
channel at about half speed.

I'm using latest CVS and a Videologic SonicVortex2 (AU8830)

I hope this helps...
Torsten Stremlau