openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] More bug fixes thanks to Claudia...

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] More bug fixes thanks to Claudia...
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:49:05 -0400

Hi,

Claudia posted on vortexofsound forum some bugs, and i fixed most of
them, hence a new patch. I removed the revision 0xfe workaround code,
since i think its no longer necessary. This is what i guess happened:

The bug regarding VORTEX_CHNBASE_SIZE pointed out by Claudia, prevented
the ADB routing table initialization code from cleaning the routing
table at startup, so it remained somehow dirty. That means, some random
routes would be there at startup, possible draining samples from
elsewhere. The result is that some samples would be missing, thus
causing fast playback. On the Vortex chip, if a samples source is
connected to more than one sink, samples gets split, as its done for
interleaved channels.
Now, the ADB initialization cleans up the routing table correctly since
the SIZE constant is declared correctly. After that i have not had any
fast playback anymore on my OOAOO MX300 Ultra nor Diamond MX300.

http://galadriel.mat.utfsm.cl/~mjander/aureal/alsa/aureal-2.6.5-rc2b.diff.gz

Many Thanks for Claudia, since her bug reports (actually finding the
bugs) where very valuable.

Best Regards

Manuel Jander