Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpWebHosting

From: Adam Hull
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpWebHosting
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 23:34:02 +0000

Hi Bob,

There is a lot of talk right now of modifying phpwebhosting/filemanager to
work as a frontend to subversion. (subversion.tigris.org) If youre not
familiar with it, it is a replacement for CVS. subversion uses WebDAV, so
currently you can mount a subversion file respository as a read-only volume.
Once subversion finishes auto-versioning support, you will be able to write
like you say. There are may side-benefits to using subversion too, take a look
at their web site.

Some highlights:
Directories, renames, and file meta-data are versioned.
Apache as network server, WebDAV/DeltaV for protocol
Client/server protocol sends diffs in both directions
Efficient handling of binary files
and will support symlinks eventually

Let me know if you're interested in joining the effort.

Adam Hull
www.terralab.com

Bob Crandell (address@hidden) wrote*:

>Hi,
>
>I have another client that wants to share some selected files with some of
>their
>clients using phpWebHosting.  The way they want to do it is to create some
>directories somewhere on the server and copy files into them using Windows
Explorer.