Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpWebHosting

From: Paolo Andreetto
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpWebHosting
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:44:33 +0100

Jonathon Sim wrote:

Ill second that :) Seriously though, webDAV (and especially the DeltaV versioning extensions) would be an excellent addition to groupware - there is decent webDAV support built into Windows (ie Explorer 6), MacOS and Linux/Other Unix (type webdav://<some host> in konqueror, or even mount it with DavFS), making this a great cross-platform file sharing protocol. And if you have already implemented it, all the better :)

Sorry, but DeltaV is not yet supported. I've used a simple WebDAV client just to
handle documents and collections.
You can find a package at
 ftp://ftp.prosa.it/pub/projects/phpgroupware/phpgw_vfs_dav.tar.gz

I've written the README quickly, so if something is missing please contact me.

BTW, one of the goals of this integration is to access to the storage area (WebDAV repository) also via FTP, not only via PHPGW and DAV, for this reason we have
used DavFS as a bridge, it works very well :-)

Keep in touch
--
Paolo
http://www.prosa.it