qemu-devel

Re: What is the correct way to add linker dependency to QEMU build syste

From: Paz Offer
Subject: Re: What is the correct way to add linker dependency to QEMU build system?
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 19:00:48 +0000

Thanks a lot Peter,
This is working.
Paz

From: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 29, 2024 7:34 PM
To: Paz Offer <poffer@nvidia.com>
Cc: qemu-devel@nongnu.org <qemu-devel@nongnu.org>

External email: Use caution opening links or attachments

On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 at 16:10, Paz Offer <poffer@nvidia.com> wrote:
> I want to add library 'libdl' to be linked with QEMU build for a particular target (e.g. - qemu-system-arm).
> Using meson I would typically do 'compiler.find_library(...)', and later add the returned dependency to the binary dependencies list.
> However, in QEMU I understand that these configurations are done in the './configure' file?
>
> What would be the correct way to do this?

If you can do the job using the glib g_module_open()/
g_module_symbol() functions (which is how QEMU itself does
are pretty much wrappers around dlopen/dlsym) then you
don't need to link against libdl at all.

If this is for something you're planning to upstream
then it might be worth talking at a higher level about
what you're aiming to do. (If it's for something downstream
that you don't plan to ever upstream then you can do
whatever's easiest for you, of course.)

-- PMM