qemu-devel

Re: Intention to work on GSoC project

From: Sahil
Subject: Re: Intention to work on GSoC project
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2024 00:32:46 +0530

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

On Thursday, February 29, 2024 2:02:25 PM IST you wrote:
> [...]
> The first project is for sure related with migration. While vhost-user
> memory isolation is not really related to migration, but both are
> related to virtio devices.
> [...]
> Yeah, "bite-size" issues should be better to understand how to
> contribute to QEMU. Feel free to work on any issue, doing the work
> or helping to complete old patches.

Got it. In that case it'll be best to complete the bite-sized task related to
virtio [1]. A patch [2] had been long ago but it hasn't been completed yet.
I'll work on getting it merged.

I have already started reading the documentation on the migration subsystem
and the hands-on blogs in the project description. That will help me get started
with the first project.

> Feel free to reach us if you have more questions on the projects.

Yes, I'll definitely do that.

Thanks,
Sahil

[1] https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/230