Release politics [Re: [Texmacs-dev] Where's 1.0.1.11 ?]

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Release politics [Re: [Texmacs-dev] Where's 1.0.1.11 ?]
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 12:23:16 +0200 (CEST)

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 06:26:21PM -0600, Nix N. Nix wrote:
> > Joris said he had applied some patches for 1.0.1.11, but there's no
> > 1.0.1.11 to be had on the texmacs.org website.  I can't wait to play
> > with it.  I'm perplexed ...
>
> 1.0.1.11 will be released "soon".
>
> Well, maybe you can drop in and say something in the thread about
> "Monitoring changes in mainline". That is exactly what this is about.

When I am working on TeXmacs, I try to release a new version
once a week, usually at wednesday (meaning tuesday evening).
So version 1.0.1.11 should be available wednesday morning.

When I am not working on TeXmacs, then I only release new versions
if the number of patches is sufficient to justify a new version
and if they can be applied reasonably quickly (one day of work
at most).