output number of pages

From: C. Sabo
Subject: output number of pages
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:58:38 -0400

Hi,

I am writing a Korn Shell script that runs a bunch of print jobs, and I would like to output the number of pages printed for each job to a summary document. I tried using the following line of code:

a2ps $EQGL1 --printer=$PRIN1 --media=Letter --encoding=ascii --margin=0 --portra it --columns=1 --borders=no --chars-per-line=90 --font=10 --header=$EQGL1 >> $OUTFILESUMMARY

but this only sends the job number to the output file, not the total number of pages that were printed number that shows up listed on the screen.

Any suggestions?

C.