RE: configuration help: 132 char on portrait letter

From: John . Prokopek
Subject: RE: configuration help: 132 char on portrait letter
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:40:15 -0400

Okay, here's the deal, you cannot specify both characters per line AND
rows per page.
a2ps probably cannot find a font to fit the bill. So pick one. Most
likely you'll want
the chars-per-line to prevent wrapping. So the command to use would be:

a2ps --chars-per-line=132 -R --medium=Letter --columns=1 --rows=1
filename

I am not sure if the --rows=1 is needed. The --medium is needed if
Letter is
not the default medium. The default is A4 unless you compiled a2ps
yourself
and specified Letter during the configuration phase.

cheers and happy printing.