ada-mode-users

Re: Selecting a project from the command line

From: Manuel Gómez
Subject: Re: Selecting a project from the command line
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 17:10:56 +0200

Am 1/9/21 um 22:59 schrieb Stephen Leake:
You only get the "WisiPrj Select" menu when you use
wisi-prj-select-cache; you are using -select-parse.

This works, with emacs -Q:

(progn
   (package-initialize)
   (require 'wisi-prj)
   (setq project-find-functions '(wisi-prj-current-parse))
   (wisi-prj-parse-file :prj-file "hello.gpr" :init-prj (ada-prj-default))
   (wisi-prj-select-file "hello.gpr" (ada-prj-default))
   )

You don't need package-initialize if running 'emacs' without -Q.

Note that you don't need (require 'ada-mode); there are auto-loads in
the right places in ada-mode. However, there is not an auto-load on
wisi-prj-parse-file (because you are not supposed to have to do this),
which is why you need (require 'wisi-prj).

I'll see if I can come up with a small fix to make my first suggestion
work.

I'm a bit lost, probably because I didn't express my intention right. That snippet runs without errors but I still don't get the full setup: C-c C-c asks for the make command. What I would like to get is the same setup as when I choose "Ada | Project Files | Find and select Project ...".

I've read the entire manual to find how to do it, but didn't get any reference. What I find is some references to a non-existent wisi node, like in this promising sentence:

> To set the project file, use the menu command Ada | Project Files | Find and select Project ..., or one of the elisp functions described in (wisi)Selecting Projects.

There are more of these dead references in other parts of the manual (both in the built-in info file and in the web):

http://www.nongnu.org/ada-mode/ada-mode.html#Project-files
http://www.nongnu.org/ada-mode/ada-mode.html#Project-file-overview