ada-mode-users

Re: Selecting a project from the command line

From: Manuel Gómez
Subject: Re: Selecting a project from the command line
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 22:45:48 +0200

Am 5/9/21 um 18:04 schrieb Stephen Leake:
So this works:

   (package-initialize)
   (add-hook 'project-find-functions #'wisi-prj-find-dominating-cached)
   (add-hook 'xref-backend-functions #'wisi-prj-xref-backend)
   (wisi-prj-dtrt-parse-file
"c:/Projects/org.emacs.ada-mode/test/Example_2/hello.gpr"
                            (ada-prj-default "hello")
                            "c:/Projects/org.emacs.ada-mode/test/Example_2/")

The argument to ada-prj-default is the project name that shows in the
Wisi Prj Select menu.

The third arg to wisi-prj-dtrt-parse-file is the "dominating file", in
this case a directory.

Still not working for me, but don't worry. I get navigation and I can write "alr build" in the "make command" prompt.

There are more of these dead references in other parts of the manual
(both in the built-in info file and in the web):

http://www.nongnu.org/ada-mode/ada-mode.html#Project-files
http://www.nongnu.org/ada-mode/ada-mode.html#Project-file-overview

That file is for 7.0.1, so it's out of date. And there's no wisi.html,
which is why the wisi links are broken. (sigh; I asked for that file to
be removed because it was for version 4.01; apparently it was updated
with yet another out-dated version!).

The info files installed by M-x list-packages are up-to-date, and the
links should work.

I don't know what you mean by "the built-in info file". There used to be
a file ada-mode.info for version 4.01 installed by emacs, but that
should not be here in recent emacs versions.

I mean the info file include by ada-mode 7.1.7. I click on "Ada | Help | Ada Mode" and then under "File: ada-mode.info, Node: Project file overview" I get one of the incorrect references to wisi.