[Adonthell-devel] Map engine changes commited - data package update

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Map engine changes commited - data package update
Date: 07 Mar 2002 21:00:30 +0100

Hi everybody,

I've just committed some heavy changes to the map engine. Now the basic
structure of map objects (static and moving) handling is defined and
shouldn't change much anymore. The problem now is to get something as
clean in the code than it is on paper ;) I admit I encounter some
problems there :) Plenty of references I'm not used to deal with. But at
least this should be very clean.

Anyway - changes also include image format switching from 24bpp to
16bpp. although the color mapping is perfectly done (it just looks the
same on my PC), files are only slightly smaller. I guess we can achieve
much better compression results if we organise the data a better way.
Fortunately I had to study some compression algorithms at univ, so maybe
I'll be able to fix that.

This mail is to tell you to update your data package if you want to run
alextest: http://www.gnurou.org/adonthell-stuff/alextest.tgz. Also,
don't worry about the houses being broken - this is normal. I just
messed with stuff I shouldn't and the gfxs have been corrupted. Too bad.
I was so glad the way they turned out ;). Anyway, the character should
look as good as before.

--
http://www.gnurou.org