[Adonthell-devel] Freetype and SWIG configure checks

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Freetype and SWIG configure checks
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 20:01:24 +0100

I've added proper checks for freetype2 to the configure file.

I also found out why the debian package is called libfreetype6. Seems that
since version 6.x, libfreetype is labelled libfreetype 2. Odd numbering
scheme, but who cares.

Btw., right now I check for libfreetype v8.0.0 or greater. I have 8.0.2
installed, and usually a higher major number indicates incompatibilities to
older versions. But we can change that if you are using an older version that
works as well.

Then I added version checking for SWIG. I haven't put in any warnings yet as
SWIG is only required when compiling the CVS code, or after changes to some
header files.

Actually, we could check if a 'CVS' directory exists and let configure fail
if SWIG is not found or not recent enough. Otherwise we might display a
message telling people to update SWIG if they plan to make changes to the
code.

Hm, I'll do that now :).