Re: [Adonthell-devel] Freetype and SWIG configure checks

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Freetype and SWIG configure checks
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 11:08:17 +0100

On 09 Mar 2002 10:55:33 +0100 Alexandre Courbot
<address@hidden> wrote:

> > Btw., right now I check for libfreetype v8.0.0 or greater. I have
> > 8.0.2 installed, and usually a higher major number indicates
> > incompatibilities to older versions. But we can change that if you
> > are using an older version that works as well.
>
> Uh, just noticed that configure didn't work anymore because of
> freetype;) I'm using 6.1.0 here and it worked perfectly so far. I
> guess the source is compatible from version 6 to 8. So I've changed
> the version number checking in the config file and will commit this
> later today.
>
> Btw Kai, what is the Debian package for freetype 8? I haven't been
> able to find it.

Good question. I am sure I installed libfreetype6 (which sounds as if it
is the 6.1.0 you are talking about. But freetype-config --version
printed 8.0.2. That's odd. But I am almost certain that I installed it
via apt-get, not the source from the freetype homepage. Right now I
wouldn't want to bet on it though ;).

Could it be that 8.0.2 is included in another package, like X or KDE?