Re: [Adonthell-devel] Freetype and SWIG configure checks

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Freetype and SWIG configure checks
Date: 07 Mar 2002 09:42:25 +0100

> No python scripting for the tools? ;)
> Anyway, that would only be true for those who get the CVS code and want to
> build only the tools, which would be practically nobody. Those who get the
> distribution will see a warning, nothing else.

Eh, mapedit will hardly use Python ;) (unless I decide to write it in
Python). But what you says make sense anyway - it's just nicer to get
warned at configure time, and the range of people who might have
"problems" is very very limited.

> Still if you want to keep the test in the makefile (and I'm all for this),
> you can copy'n paste stuff from configure.in. If it works there, it'll work
> in the Makefile too.

Well, not serious - I think the configure check will suffice after all.
And it's easier to maintain if the test is performed at only one place.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org