Re: [Adonthell-devel] Error running Adonthell

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Error running Adonthell
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 00:17:03 +0000

Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> > Well, I must confess that I did not even manage to get Adonthell's configure
> > script working with cygwin when I tried ;). Always failed to find SDL,
> > although that compiled and installed fine.
> >
> > But those that got further (Jol and Alex, I think) failed when it came to
> > link with Python. I mean, Python is included with cygwin, so it should be
> > possible to get everything working!
>
> That's exactly that. And the fact we both try should be a sufficiant
> proof that it is not my reluctancy to use Windows that is to blame! ;)
>
> > Posting to the cygwin ML might be a good idea, actually.
>
> I think so too. But who will have the time to monitor this? We're all so
> busy already. Did I mention we need more programmers already? ^_^
>
> Well, just hope that Georg's column will bring some fresh blood to us.

Isn't there a job section on savannah? Why don't we put an ad up for
porters to try compiling on MacOSX, Solaris (doesn't seem to work as
well as we thought!), IRIX, AIX (Kai, ;P), Amiga, Palm... umm did I
forget anything? Oh yeah, wincrap too!

        -James
--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821