Re: [Adonthell-devel] Error running Adonthell

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Error running Adonthell
Date: 06 Mar 2002 14:40:03 +0100

> Eh. Well, I installed adonthell and wastesedge via apt-get, and it works
> fine now. Unfortunately, the mapengine sequences run at about 1fps on my
> Linux box, which is a Celeron 333MHz with 64MB of RAM. ;P

If you are running it via VNC, this is all normal I'd say ;) If images
have to travel through your network, whatever it's speed, it will always
be very slow. Can you report whether it is as slow when you run from
your Celeron? (I just hope not :/)

> But, eh. Oh well. Can't wait for a WINDOW~1 port, as immoral as that may
> sound. . .

This is really missing, I admit. Maybe we could try another approach,
and try to generate windows binaries from a cross-compiler.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org