Re: [Adonthell-devel] Error running Adonthell

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Error running Adonthell
Date: 06 Mar 2002 21:44:33 +0100

> Eh, your suggestions made sense. I bet it is VNC after all. I'd try it
> directly on the Celeron 333MHz box, but it's headless. So I'd have to lug an
> extra monitor and keyboard downstairs, which I'm not too keen on doing right
> now. ;P

Ah - don't worry too much then. We had Kai's P200 to test the mapengine
speed anyway ;) so it has to be VNC.

> I wanna try your new mapengine, too. Darn those compile errors, though.

Yeah, I have seen them. That's really weird - I do not have any error,
and I run debian too. Try to re-run autogen.sh has Kai suggested,
probably the Makefiles are not up to date.

Don't have too much illusions anyway - the "map engine" is only a little
test for depth and character's animations (and the input system too!) ;)
Moreover, as it's 640x480, I fear VNC won't like it at all! ;) (although
a big part of the screen remains the same - it might work after all, but
only for this release).

Ah, we really have to set up windows binaries. You and Ben are limited
because we lack them. I'll look at the cross-compilation thing in more
details when I have time *ahem*

Or maybe we could bore some cygwin guys on their mailing lists?

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org