Re: [Adonthell-devel] Error running Adonthell

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Error running Adonthell
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 22:16:28 +0100

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 22:03, you wrote:
> Alex wrote:
> > Or maybe we could bore some cygwin guys on their mailing lists?
>
> So the only drawback is Python, right? Why is that? I mean, SDL works great
> in WINDOW~1, so that shouldn't be a problem. But Python is holding us back
> from the port?
>
> If I recall correctly, there is an ActiveState version of Python for
> Windows.

Well, I must confess that I did not even manage to get Adonthell's configure
script working with cygwin when I tried ;). Always failed to find SDL,
although that compiled and installed fine.

But those that got further (Jol and Alex, I think) failed when it came to
link with Python. I mean, Python is included with cygwin, so it should be
possible to get everything working!

Posting to the cygwin ML might be a good idea, actually.