[Adonthell-devel] Re: solaris, take 2^100 + 2

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: solaris, take 2^100 + 2
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:46:22 +0100

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:17:09 +0000 (GMT) James Christian Nash
<address@hidden> wrote:

> At Last!!!!!
> Adonthell runs!
> And apart from the weird _getopts.h thing I didn't even need to edit
> anything - ./configure and make worked with no problems!

Nice to hear. We should be able to test whether getopt.h or _getopt.h
are available as well. I just have to "read up" on this a little, i.e.
copy the stuff from another project ;). That's easier than making your
way through the numerous AM_* and AC_* macros.

> The funny thing is even though music was disabled I get sound effects
> (I guess the workstations have built in speakers or something). The
> weirder thing is though that the colours are inverted! The brightness
> is fine only the colours are screwed up (although the forest in the
> intro looked ok) - it's like a HUE shift by 180 degrees.
> Could that be related to the endianess? If you want I could probably
> make a screenshot.

I bet so, although I wonder where it comes from. The loading seems to
work, as you would probably get a segfault if something went wrong
there. This might be an issue with some of the image manipulation code.
I'll cc the mail to the devel list. The image code is the realm of Alex,
so he might see at a glance where the problem lies while I might take
hours. Right, I'm just lazy ;).