Re: [Adonthell-devel] Start me up! (might be: Crash me down)

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Start me up! (might be: Crash me down)
Date: 15 Mar 2002 14:29:51 +0100

> Very weird. Could you post a screenshot somewhere? Under Linux, the PNM
> is correctly drawn. Maybe that's because the DLL and the program hasn't
> been compiled on the same system. Do anyone else experience the same
> problem?

Ok, I have been able to test it, with the same results as you. Very
weird - I've run a few extra tests, it looks like it's the PNM loading
code that doesn't work very well. I've figured out how to statically
link with only the libraries I want (under Linux at least, but for
Windows it should be the same). So this evening I'll produce a few other
binaries and ask you to test again, as I won't have access to a windows
machine for the whole weekend! :) You won't need any DLL anymore, this
time.

Another hint: Maybe you guys are running in 24bpp. Could you try again
the same program in 16bpp please?

So, hey, it's not that bad. Maybe it will work with game format images -
I just hope it's only the PNM loading code that fails.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org