[Adonthell-devel] Re: schedule stuff update

From: Mattias Päivärinta
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: schedule stuff update
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:08:07 -0100

Hi guys!
I'm just the regular lurker who all of a sudden thinks he has something to say. I haven't so much as looked at the code even once, so I may be sooo wrong. But it's a simple suggestion so I'll give it a shot.

For the relative events I would suggest to prolong the alarm time by the
time the event was paused. For example, if the event is "say something
in 3 minutes", and the character is paused for 5 minutes, we would still
wait those 3 minutes before speaking.

Absolute events OTOH shouldn't be changed. If the event is "stop working
at 18:00", the character should stop with the work as soon as the player
finished talking to him, even if it's 18:15 by then. Prolonging the
alarm time by the 30 minutes of dialogue wouldn't make sense here.

Why not just halt the game time instead of changing all the events?
Make a simple wrapper for the current timer implementation and it's done.
Hope I'm not taking up your time for nothing.

And by the way..
I played through Wastes Edge, and it rocks! So I'm really looking forward to the next release! I would join your effort, but I sortof have enough projects on my hands already :P
_______
mattias