[Adonthell-devel] Re: Finally, inventories! (errata)

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Finally, inventories! (errata)
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 18:14:03 +0100

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 17:43:26 +0100 Kai Sterker wrote:

> Since a slot will not contain 100 coin items, but rather one coin item
> and the count 100, items should never delete themselves. Instead they
> should tell their slot to remove one unit. Therefore, items need to
> know the slot they are kept in.

That of course is not possible ;). Sorry, but I wrote that part before
even thinking about mutable and immutable items. Items that are
immutable obviously can't have a slot assigned. At least not during
their complete lifetime. They could however have their slot assigned
temporarily whenever needed. (For example when moving them between
inventories, etc.) Mutable items would know their slot at all time, so
for a change. no special care has to be taken in their case :).

That's more a cosmetic issue than a real problem though, I think. Can't
have a perfect solution for everything, I guess.

Any further ideas on that special issue welcome though!