Re: [Adonthell-devel] On Item Combinations

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] On Item Combinations
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:36:39 +0100

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:47:08 +0100 Kai Sterker wrote:

> That about is it. Please tell me if you see any problems with those
> restrictions. In the meantime, I'll go about creating those combine
> actions I described earlier in order to test the code.

Okay, the attached combine-test.py script tests the following three
cases:

1. Item being recharged; agent used up in the process
   (Lamp <- Lamp Oil)

2. Item being transformed into other (existing) item
   (Stick + Knife -> Arrow)

3. Item being transformed; result created dynamically; agent used up
   (Arrow + Poison -> Poisoned Arrow)

The last test creates a couple of error messages because it needs to
check whether the newly created item is already existent. Please ignore
them :).

Well, so much for item combinations. Tomorrow, I'll start with
equipping/unequipping items. Which means that I'll have to do some
character design work first.

Kai

P.S. After updating your CVS, please rerun autogen.sh and configure. I
had to add the -DSWIG_GLOBAL flag for compiling py_adonthell_wrap.cc.
Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to access the SWIG conversion methods from
item_base::combine ().