[Adonthell-devel] SWIG Advanced topics

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] SWIG Advanced topics
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:48:16 +0100

When browsing the SWIG docs I came upon something that'll be quite
important for v0.4:

        http://www.swig.org/Doc1.3/Advanced.html#n2

Obviously we'll have multiple modules, but we would want them to
interoperate. So I imagine that we can't get around linking against the
SWIG runtime library.

The downside of this is yet another dependence. But on the other hand,
we could easily replace our custome pass_instance code with a call to
the appropriate SWIG function (SWIG_ConvertPtr).

Guess that topic needs further discussion later on. Right now I just
wanted to make you aware of the issue, in case you haden't noticed so
far.