Re: [Adonthell-devel] compiling v0.4 on OS X

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] compiling v0.4 on OS X
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:48:55 +0200

> Apart from a few bugs in libtool 1.5 (SED, EGREP and max_cmd_len
> undefined) there is an issue with linking in some libraries. I.e. they
> only exist as static version, which leads to the following message:
>
> *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library
> -lpython2.2.
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
> when
> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
> *** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
> *** with libpython2.2 and none of the candidates passed a file format
> test
> *** using a file magic. Last file checked:
> /usr/lib/python2.2/config/libpython2.2.a
>
> *** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
> *** dependencies of module _gfx.  Therefore, libtool will create
> *** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
> *** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.
>
> Other such libs are libstdc++ and libSDLmain. For some reason, there
> are no dynamic versions of those.

Ah! yeah of course, this is the problem. It doesn't create shared libraries
for your system, which is a big trouble in our case. But it should be capable
of including the static libraries when not founding anything else while still
using shared libraries in other cases, no?

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org