[Adonthell-devel] More insights into OS X compile troubles

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] More insights into OS X compile troubles
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:45:37 +0200

Well, I've been browsing the web a little, and found out a couple of things that seem important in our case.

Unlike Linux, OS X distinguishes between shared libraries and loadable modules. An ordinary shared lib (.dylib) can not be loaded as a module. But right now, our sdl backend libs as well as the pyton modules are build as shared libs (and even that fails ;)).

Anyway, libtool does have support for building loadable modules under OS X (though older versions would need some patching for this). So the trick would be telling libtool to build the right kind of thing. That is what I am going to look into now.

I just wanted to keep you updated on the progress I've made (not much, I confess, but at least the problem seems to be clear now).