[Adonthell-devel] inputtest works, but ... (was Re: More insight ...)

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] inputtest works, but ... (was Re: More insight ...)
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:44:03 +0200

Finally, I have at lest the C++ inputtest thing working. However, there is a large drawback. To get SDL apps running natively on OS X (Cocoa), it needs to prepare some things. This is done by exchanging the program's main function with some ObjectiveC code. That happens automatically, when you include SDL.h in the main file. So I had to include SDL.h in inputtest.cc. Well, that's not what we want!

Further, you'll have to link the application against SDLmain, as that lib contains the replacement code. Again, that is not what we want.

So I will see whether something can be done about this. One possible place where a call to that OS X specific intialization could go might be gfx_init(). That way, everything should be ready when initializing the SDL Video Subsystem. However, I am not sure whether it can be done that easily. Otherwise, why has nobody integrated this code into SDL itself already? I'll see ...

Kai

P.S. still no luck with the python script :(.