Re: [Adonthell-devel] this and that ...

From: ksterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] this and that ...
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 09:42:06 +0200

Von: Alexandre Courbot <address@hidden>

> I just wanted to say 'yes!' to a summer meeting - it would be a
> pleasure
> to spend some days with you guys again. Question would be, where, when?
> Suggestions? Special ideas?

For me, August or September would probably be okay. I'll be working all the
time, but I should be able to get a week off quite easily. I have a few other
things scheduled for summer, though, but I don't know  yet when they will take
place. July or August most likely.

As for the place, I am open for anything. Bonn or Lille, or some place we
haven't been yet ...

> Oh btw, I'll take care of the php stuff of the website if I have a
> couple of hours, Kai.

Thanks! I see that I can get the db files to you, so that you know what you
have to code :-). But it will take a few weeks before I can get my hands on
them.

> Well, more Adonthell-related. The project is kinda stagnating. I
> think
> we need some fresh blood in the team. It will mainly depends on
> whether
> we will be able to invest as much as before, which seems hard.
> Here is a
> copy/paste of part of a mail I just sent to Kai, maybe we should
> continue the discussion here:

(To which address did you send that? Haven't recieved anything yet ... :/)

Anyway, I agree that we need more help from people that actually have time :).
Perhaps we should compile a todo list and post it on the website. If we tell
people what is needed, somebody might decide that this is the right job for him.

Right now I can think of the following tasks:

* audio stuff (music and sfx)
* rpg stuff (stats, combat, item-scripts, schedule-scripts)
* content (artwork, dialogues)

The good thing about these is that we have some sort of specs for these. We
have the rules doc, we have the plot doc up to a certain point, and we're
pretty much open when it comes to the audio part (must play Ogg Vorbis and .wav)

So these are things people could do fairly easily.

Anything else you want to see on that list?