Re: [Adonthell-devel] this and that ...

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] this and that ...
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 22:26:15 +0200

Hello everyone!

Well, I am, as you have probably guessed, not really available for coding these days. Phd is being a little more demanding than what I expected.

I just wanted to say 'yes!' to a summer meeting - it would be a pleasure to spend some days with you guys again. Question would be, where, when? Suggestions? Special ideas?

Oh btw, I'll take care of the php stuff of the website if I have a couple of hours, Kai.

I haven't heard about Ben for a while. Do you have some news of him?

Nils, moving to France? What are you going to study there? Joel and I are not really near Angers (I'm at Lille and Jol is in Paris most of the time) but we'll probably have the opportunity to meet some day! :)

Well, more Adonthell-related. The project is kinda stagnating. I think we need some fresh blood in the team. It will mainly depends on whether we will be able to invest as much as before, which seems hard. Here is a copy/paste of part of a mail I just sent to Kai, maybe we should continue the discussion here:

----
Mmm yeah. You know, I've been thinking a lot about Adonthell this time (and feel somehow guilty not to contribute since so long). I guess what we need is fresh, new blood in the team. Otherwise the project is condemned to continue stagnating (which means, in short or long term, dying). I'm always interesting in Adonthell, but I'll rather be in a low-contribution period for a while (maybe summer hollidays will make it better - although I don't have hollidays officially, but this period of the years tends to be more calm). And the coding will not do itself alone.

We know what we want to do. We know how to do it. But we don't have time to do it. I'm sure there are lots of fresh programmers out there who doesn't ask for anything better than getting involved in an interesting, funny project where they could learn lots of things while being assisted by more experienced people. What do you think about it?
----

Waiting for your thoughts! :)

Alex.
--