Re: [Adonthell-devel] Paragui

From: ksterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Paragui
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:28:01 +0100

Hi Joel,

I had already downloaded Kyra a while ago to have a closer look, but didn't
find time for that yet. But I agree that it might be what we want.

Regarding paragui, I'd also say we should use it to shorten development time.
Adding python bindings won't be difficult with SWIG, should none exist yet.

However, I would still like to keep the gfx abstraction layer. We might go
without it for the next release, but in the long run I think we should make use
of it.

Kai
Another suggestion, if we need a nice 2D engine we can take a look at
http://www.grinninglizard.com/kyra/engine.html . As you can see on this web
page it's based on SDL and we can use paragui and kyra without problem. Kyra
has Python binding too. So it can be a solution, just my 2 cents ...

Jol

--
"Mind if I smoke?"
        "I don't care if you burst into flames and die!"