[Adonthell-devel] Polearms and parrying

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Polearms and parrying
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:01:06 -0800

I went to get lunch today at a place that had a nice, antique scythe
hanging on the wall. I realized in looking at it that its construction
makes it equally useful as a defensive weapon.

Generalizing to all two-handed staff weapons or polearms, should these
weapons - quarterstaves, scythes, tridents, poleaxes, spears, et alia
- give the wielder a bonus to parry. If so, how much of a bonus should
be given?

Andrew