[Adonthell-devel] Design Considerations: Quests, skills and leveling

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Design Considerations: Quests, skills and leveling
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:42:07 -0800

While working on the Wiki and describing quests, I realized that I
don't know how we want to handle level progression and the experience
value of any given kind of encounter. Do we want each level to be an
achievement? I should think so.
Which actions are rewarded with experience gains and with what weights?

Learning spells or skills?
Using non-combat skills, such as picking locks and haggling?
Achieving quest milestones?
Completing quests?
Combat victories, noteably combat victories against opponents not of
the player's character level?

Andrew