Re: [Adonthell-devel] Design Considerations: Quests, skills and leveling

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Design Considerations: Quests, skills and leveling
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 18:15:12 -0800

As to leveling, I meant to refer to character levels, rather than
skill levels. I'm sorry if I was unclear. I was wondering if we want
each new character level to be a struggle - i.e., slow experience
accumulation, etc, and if so, where the balance between trying to kill
the PC at every opportunity and easy, steady level advancement ought
to be struck.

I was also wondering if there is a level cap on Dun Barethsol. If so,
where is it? I'm still trying to puzzle out the relative values of
various quests and achievements. It stands to reason that the three
main paths - dark, light, and neutral, should be worth about the same
amount of experience, else the game's play balance would be off.

Andrew